Last Updated: Jan. 2023
The Deep South Center for Environmental Justice (DSCEJ) is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most meaningful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the DSCEJ website and governs data collection and usage. By using the DSCEJ website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of Your Personal Information
The DSCEJ website collects personally identifiable information, such as your email address, name, home or work address or telephone number.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by the DSCEJ. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is used by the DSCEJ for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the DSCEJ Website.
The DSCEJ encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from the DSCEJ so that you can understand how those Websites collect, use and share your information. The DSCEJ is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the DSCEJ and DSCEJ-related websites.
Use of Your Personal Information
The DSCEJ collects and uses your personal information to operate the DSCEJ website and deliver the services you have requested. The DSCEJ also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from the DSCEJ and its affiliates. The DSCEJ may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
The DSCEJ does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. The DSCEJ may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, the DSCEJ may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to the DSCEJ, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The DSCEJ keeps track of the websites and pages our customers visit within the DSCEJ, in order to determine which of our services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within the DSCEJ to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
The DSCEJ website will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the DSCEJ or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of the DSCEJ; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the DSCEJ, or the public.
Use of Web Tracking
The DSCEJ website uses tracking, including cookies, to help you personalize your online experience. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the DSCEJ services or websites you visit.
DSCEJ Site Usage Information
Information (e.g., log files, cookies, Internet tags, web beacons, etc.) we collect from you through your use of the Site will be used to (a) monitor the operation, technical functions and quality of the Site, (b) compile general statistics regarding use of the Site, and (c) analyze demographic information about the Site’s users.
We may also use such information for research or improvements of the Site and the services we offer you. This data is also used by DSCEJ to deliver customized content and advertising to you when your use of the internet indicates that you are interested in a particular subject area.
Security of Your Personal Information
The DSCEJ secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Third Party Links
Changes to this Statement
The DSCEJ will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. The DSCEJ encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how the DSCEJ is protecting your information.
The DSCEJ welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that the DSCEJ has not adhered to this Statement, please contact The DSCEJ at media@DSCEJ.org. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
of our staff, you consent to the terms and conditions of the policy and to our processing personal information for the purposes stated below.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, birthdate or other identifying characteristic. We collect and store personal information that you share with us or that is available from public sources. Below are examples of ways in which we
may collect your information:
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website, or otherwise contact us in person, by phone, or email, with an inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number, and other contact information if you register for and/or attend an event.
- We may collect information such as your name, email address, telephone number, and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone, by mailing in a check, or any other manner in which you might make a contribution.
- Information you provide on any DSCEJ-affiliated online grant administration portal.
- Information you give us on Fund Agreements or other forms ● Information about your charitable gifts and grant transactions with us (such as your fund balance, grant history, and parties to transactions). ● Responses to donor interest surveys
- Responses to donor demographic surveys
The above list provides a sample of ways personal information may be collected by the DSCEJ. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
DSCEJ restricts access to personal information to those employees who need to know that personal information to provide our services to you.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
DSCEJ respects and values the trust you place in us when you give us your personal information and is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of our donors’ personal information.
- We will not trade, share or sell a donor’s personal information, collected on the website or through any business activities, with anyone else, except under the following circumstances. Donors can opt to be anonymous if they do not wish to have their information shared.
○ Contact information for donors is shared with the fundholder for stewardship purposes.
○ Information will be shared with governments, law enforcement or other legal entities as required by law.
- We will only share donor mailings on behalf of other organizations once the donor has given DSCEJ specific permission to do so.
- Donors may opt in to share testimonials with DSCEJ, which may be featured on DSCEJ’s website or within other publications.
- Donor names may be featured in recognition lists with other donors at their associated giving level in DSCEJ publications such as the website or impact report. Upon making a donation to DSCEJ, the donor will be prompted to select their anonymity preference, thus determining their preference to be featured in such publications.
- We will collect payment information, billing address, and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of the law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use your personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit card, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address match the information that you supplied to us, and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
Security of Information
DSCEJ is committed to protecting the security of your personal information and will take reasonable security precautions to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet.
Phone: (504) 272-0956
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Deep South Center for Environmental Justice
9801 Lake Forest Blvd.
New Orleans, LA 70127